We are proud to present our latest project to earn LEED® green building certification, Hoehn Buick GMC Cadillac! Located in Carlsbad, CA, the project is a complete renovation and expansion to a previously existing (and very dated) dealership. This project was a major renovation that makes a substantial contribution in transforming the Carlsbad Car Country auto-mall. But don’t let the luxury distract you from the sustainable achievements of the project. From water use reduction, to construction waste diversion, and energy efficient building systems, this project demonstrates that luxury and eco-sensitivity can co-exist.
Here are a few of the highlights:
· Local access to pedestrian oriented services and residences
· Drought sensitive water fixtures to achieve greater than 40% reduction in domestic water use for the building!
· Use of high efficiency glazing and "cool-roof" materials to create a thermo-efficient building envelope
· Energy efficient lighting and hvac to reduce annualized energy use (based on cost) by more than 20%
· More than 93% of construction waste diverted from landfill!
· Use of low VOC flooring, paints, adhesives and sealants
· Increased occupancy comfort via natural day-lighting and views to the exterior of the building
The achievements above rank this building as one of the most environmentally sensitive Buick GMC Cadillac dealerships in the Country . . . and the first LEED® Certified Cadillac in California!