WAI is proud to announce the Grand Opening of MINI of Santa Monica! Located in the heart of this epic SoCal City, the facility is the prototype of the "Urban Dealership". It is currently tracking LEED Platinum Certification, so check back here for updates and education on how this dealership is a leader in sustainable development.
We are proud to present our latest project to earn LEED® green building certification, Hoehn Buick GMC Cadillac! Located in Carlsbad, CA, the project is a complete renovation and expansion to a previously existing (and very dated) dealership. This project was a major renovation that makes a substantial contribution in transforming the Carlsbad Car Country auto-mall. But don’t let the luxury distract you from the sustainable achievements of the project. From water use reduction, to construction waste diversion, and energy efficient building systems, this project demonstrates that luxury and eco-sensitivity can co-exist.
Here are a few of the highlights:
· Local access to pedestrian oriented services and residences
· Drought sensitive water fixtures to achieve greater than 40% reduction in domestic water use for the building!
· Use of high efficiency glazing and "cool-roof" materials to create a thermo-efficient building envelope
· Energy efficient lighting and hvac to reduce annualized energy use (based on cost) by more than 20%
· More than 93% of construction waste diverted from landfill!
· Use of low VOC flooring, paints, adhesives and sealants
· Increased occupancy comfort via natural day-lighting and views to the exterior of the building
The achievements above rank this building as one of the most environmentally sensitive Buick GMC Cadillac dealerships in the Country . . . and the first LEED® Certified Cadillac in California!
For over two years we have been actively working (and anxiously awaiting) for MINI of Santa Monica to come to life. THE TIME HAS COME! This project is ready to build, so check back for regular posts on construction progress. Also, stay tuned for our full coverage about how this project will "LEED®" by example and become one of only a handful of auto dealerships in the world to achieve Platinum certification!